Updating the R&J Dome

dsc03417Its time to update, repair and repaint the R&J dome. Back when I was getting the dome ready for the Fanboys premiere in Austin I couldn’t get the top of the inner dome to seat properly. I had heard that R&J dome owners had to decapitate the inner dome so the peak of the inner dome would come into contact with the outer dome; so I did that. What I did not know was that you ALSO had to do a radial cut so you could spread out the cap to increase the circumference; because I didn’t know that, when I put the outside dome panels on some of the panels looked “sunken” or “depressed”  There wasn’t time to fix it back then but there is time now. Sooooooooo, its time to tear it apart. The fun part was popping the panels off in such a way as to not damage them or the dome. At least I had the presence of mind not to permanently attach them. I knew I would be doing something like this. The standard 3M adhesive did an excellent temporary job. It had just enough hold. I am sure the 3M super777 adhesive would of damaged the panels had I tried to remove them. I will also refit the front and rear logics with the Jedi system and re-polish the dome.

dsc03415

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *